- About us
The Italian Society of Pediatric Respiratory Diseases (SIMRI) was founded on 24th September 1995 and counts today more than 500 members.
Its interests focuses on respiratory disorders in children such as wheezing, asthma, human respiratory syncytial and so on.
More specifically, SIMRI is dedicated to:
- supporting research on children respiratory disorders (through its Research groups)
- promoting scientific partnership with Italian and International Respiratory Societies
- promoting the teaching and spreading of knowledge about the treatment of pediatric respiratory diseases
- publishing the “Pneumologia Pediatrica” Review which focuses on all respiratory disorders and is available to all our members on-line
- Furthermore, SIMRI promotes awareness on topics of relevant social impact such as the consequences of cigarette smoke and second-hand smoke in children's life.