Registro comunicativo: professionale
Area di interesse: Medico
Postdoc and PhD position open in Paediatric Respiratory Research (Epidemiology)
Il pediatric respiratory research group, diretto dalla Prof.ssa Claudia Kuehni dell'Università di Berna, è alla ricerca di due risorse da inserire nel proprio organico in qualità di Postdoc e PhD.
The PhD student position
PhD student for PCD-related research, with a focus on COVID-PCD, a longitudinal study of the health and wellbeing of people living with PCD during the Coronavirus epidemic. This project is participatory and we collaborate closely with patient support groups. The student will also be involved in collecting and analyzing standardized data from clinical care collected prospectively in the national PCD registry and the international (iPCD) cohort study.
The post is available immediately. PhD students are usually employed for 3 years to learn all the skills to become an independent researcher in Clinical epidemiology/Paediatrics/ Paediatric Pulmonology, and to publish at least 4 excellent first author papers in their area.
Ideally the person should have (exceptions always possible):
- a medical background with some years of clinical experience in Paediatrics, Paediatric Pulmonology or a comparable field.
- some experience in /or a strong wish to learn complex statistical analyses
- independent critical thinking
- thoughtful and careful work
- mother tongue German (PCD)
The postdoc position
Postdoc, to co-lead a research group focusing on asthma and cough in children (2-3 PhD students), with experience in project management, biostatistics and scientific writing. The postdoc will coordinate a multi-center clinical asthma cohort in Switzerland (Swiss Paediatric Asthma Cohort, SPAC), analyze data from population-based and clinical cohort studies, and write manuscripts.
The post is available from June 2021, with negotiable date of start and offered for 2 years initially. Ideally the person should have:
- a PhD or MD in Paediatrics/ epidemiology/statistics
- experience in a medical setting;
- experience in writing scientific manuscripts in epidemiology
- statistical programming skills (Stata or R preferred, including generalized linear models, multi-level models and survival analysis, DAGs;
- excellent knowledge of English, German mother tongue preferred
- salaries according the Swiss National Science Foundation (about CHF 3500 to 4000 /month for a PhD student, postdoc salary depends on experience )
- excellent courses on epidemiology, biostatistics, and clinical and public health epidemiology from the graduate schools of the University of Bern
- careful personal coaching in all aspects necessary to become a successful independent researcher integration in a lively research group with two postdocs and 3 other PhD students working in paediatric respiratory epidemiology. Be part of a larger research group (about 30 people) focusing on other paediatric diseases (childhood cancer, cerebral palsy, growth hormone deficiency, renal failure, etc)
Download PhD advertisement HERE
Download Postdoc advertisement HERE